Tuesday, July 16, 2013

1st day of 2nd year!

              I know the title may lead you to believe that I will be posting something every day for the next year, but I am sure my 2nd year schedule will not allow that.  I have some mixed feelings about being here today.  I had the best vacation ever with the greatest little family ever.  I was able to spend some amazing time with my wife and two daughters.  We were seriously together all day every day and it was very special to me to have that kind of time with my sweet girls.  On the other hand I am sort of excited for this school year to start so I can continue learning what I need to know to become a doctor.  I really think all of this is fascinating and I really enjoy learning the medicine part of being a doctor.  It is going to be a long hard year, but I think it will be very fun and educational.
             Second year is known as the hardest year of podiatry school here in the Bay Area.  It is full to the brim with credits and studying.  The added bonus of second year is that we have clinical rotations that add to the craziness.  This is the year that we start our actual clinical education and have the opportunity to apply that knowledge with patients.  It is important to have a good support system at home and to stay focused the whole year.  I am ready and have the best support system ever!  Bring it on second year!!!
Just a picture of the sweetest girls ever!  We got to spend our last vacation day together and I loved every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment